Keyamon's place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keyamon's place

Your place for rpg maker and random stuff!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Serious Story

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Murcu
Just starting

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Character sheet
Level: 1
HP:
A Serious Story Left_bar_bleue100/100A Serious Story Empty_bar_noire  (100/100)
MP:

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 7:19 pm

It's been a while, but I got to writing a (very) short story recently. Here it is:

I was wet. I stood in the rain a while longer and absorbed the changed landscape of my youth. The houses that had changed, the pavement on the road. It hardly felt like home.
I remembered the bridge I stood on. It seemed to be exactly the same. I felt a tear push at my eyelid. I'm not sure why it still affected me so much. I wonder if everyone feels this way when they realize they're already dead. I spent twelve years here, and now every trace of me is gone.
The world has swallowed up my youth, allowing only the present to exist. What I was was gone. What I am: that's all there will ever be.
Below me, a branch of the Potomac River pushed its way through the only section of woods that hasn't changed in nearly thirty years. I pulled myself over the bridge and carefully walked down the slope to the river. To my right, I noticed old graffiti still clinging to the dark and damp underbelly of the bridge. Thinking that Time had allowed such a thing to survive its wrath reminded me somewhat of the irony in the cave paintings of Europe.
Strangely, I also realized that even though these works of art survived, their creators were dead in both body and spirit. We have no idea what those people looked like, or what sort of personality they may have had. All we have is a few paintings that we can't decipher.
Without anyone to remember you, you are completely dead in this world. I think the pagan religions had it right when they decided to worship their ancestors and keep them alive forever.
How long does the average man survive his death? Two generations? I certainly never knew my great grandparents. Sad to admit, but true.
With that thought I turned to examine the wealth of trees behind me.
An artful arrangement of both colors and shapes reaching up until finally ending in a bush of whispering leaves. Somehow, I found solace and comfort in the realization that this scene had remained unchanged.
I suddenly remembered it was raining, and began to notice the spread of the normally lazy creek accelerate. The dull rumble of a distant thunder drifted through the sky above me.
Looking at the trees, in their unchanged form, brought me back to a distant memory in a similar rainy summer setting. I felt my body repossessed with the vigor of youth and watched as a ghost of a childhood friend jumped from rock to rock across the river. In a moment, the ghost of my own young age was with him, and the echoes of our voices reminded me of happiness.
The whisper of the trees roared with excitement as the rain continued falling. The faded shadows of two young boys struggled to push eachother into the river.
I felt a drop of water on my cheek and, despite the rain, I somehow knew it was a tear. The laughter of my memories escalated as the rain got louder. The other boy planted his hands on my chest and sent me toppling backwards into the shallow river.
I suddenly wasn't watching it anymore. I became my former self, taken over by my own memory as I felt the river water rush past my submerged ten year old body. It all felt though familiar, even though it was something I had not thought about in a very long time.
I shut my eyes and let the moment of the past take me over. It was so vivid. I climbed out of the river, Mark's laughter just behind me. I turned around to ready myself for his inevitable attack.
But the attack never came. Instead, we were interuppted by a bright flash of white and a heart shatter clap of thunder. When I opened my eyes, Mark wore an expression of both pain and shock, his distorted face an image that had haunted me for years.

I opened my eyes.
Mark died that day; stuck in the river at my hands as lightening struck.
While I had long since accepted the fact that I couldn't be blamed for this, I knew it was the end for Mark. Time had taken him away from this world, and I could feel its forces pulling at my own memories of him.
The rain slowed down and the trees lowered to a dull whisper again.
It felt like home. I felt comforted in knowing this place would always help me fight the inevitable power of Time. This place remembered us.
I suddenly realized that it isn't about how long the world remembers what you did, just that actually you did it.
Back to top Go down
Keyamon
Administrator
Administrator
Keyamon

Male
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Character sheet
Level: 10
HP:
A Serious Story Left_bar_bleue980/1000A Serious Story Empty_bar_noire  (980/1000)
MP:
A Serious Story Left_bar_bleue1000/1000A Serious Story Empty_bar_noire  (1000/1000)

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 7:47 pm

Beautiful story murcu, makes me a bit sad, that doesn't happen often when i read a story Very Happy
i congratulate you for that ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/legendofkeyamon/
Krinn
Krinn

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-02-23

Character sheet
HP:
A Serious Story Left_bar_bleue90/100A Serious Story Empty_bar_noire  (90/100)
MP:

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 9:22 pm

That was very emotive Murcu. Really nicely written, and although it seems like a sad tale, I liked how it ended on a positive note.
Very good indeed, you should post some more literature for it was a pleasure to read.

(I felt this topic deserved me to speak in proper english for once Razz )

- Murcu, how is your theory on Mario and the Axis of Evil coming along? cyclops
Back to top Go down
Devro
Mr. Postman
Mr. Postman
Devro

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-03-21

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 9:31 pm

I fail to see the happy ending in that story but its well written all the aame. Did you write this for a school project Murcu or was this made just for this forum?

As long as you have people that care about you, your spirit will live on through them. Children, friends and family can all think back on your life and remember the happiness you brought to their lives. Do something worthwhile and the world will remember you no matter how small or insignificant it may seem to you.

Im thinking of donating 75% of the money made on Gameskank.co.uk to help save the Amazon. Even if no one remembers what you did it doesnt matter as long as in your life you leave the world a better place than when you were brought into it.

Well done Murcu, its the first thing i have read in ages that has made me remember what is important in life and what is not.
Back to top Go down
Murcu
Just starting

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 1:45 am

I'm glad you all liked it. I have another here that I feel you guys might enjoy as well. Do you want me to post it? If so- new topic or right here?
Back to top Go down
Keyamon
Administrator
Administrator
Keyamon

Male
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Character sheet
Level: 10
HP:
A Serious Story Left_bar_bleue980/1000A Serious Story Empty_bar_noire  (980/1000)
MP:
A Serious Story Left_bar_bleue1000/1000A Serious Story Empty_bar_noire  (1000/1000)

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 1:46 am

well, it would be easy to post your stories in different topics, so i vote for different topics, i might want to sticky your best ones if you want, and ill keep it spam free of course lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/legendofkeyamon/
.--.Khralum.--.
Gone Postal
Gone Postal
.--.Khralum.--.

Male
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Character sheet
Level: 4
HP:
A Serious Story Left_bar_bleue400/400A Serious Story Empty_bar_noire  (400/400)
MP:
A Serious Story Left_bar_bleue0/400A Serious Story Empty_bar_noire  (0/400)

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 2:02 am

That's really good Murcu, I love your use of adjectives. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/1337goarmy
Murcu
Just starting

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 2:19 am

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the positive feedback.

And, no, I didn't write it for class. I did, however, write it DURING class. hehe
Back to top Go down
.--.Khralum.--.
Gone Postal
Gone Postal
.--.Khralum.--.

Male
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Character sheet
Level: 4
HP:
A Serious Story Left_bar_bleue400/400A Serious Story Empty_bar_noire  (400/400)
MP:
A Serious Story Left_bar_bleue0/400A Serious Story Empty_bar_noire  (0/400)

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 2:44 am

Where do you get ideas for your stories?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/1337goarmy
Murcu
Just starting

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 3:09 am

Normally I just start writing about philosophy and how I feel about the world, and a plot develops as I go on. If you were to look in my notebooks however, you'd find probably about a thousand pages of failed attempts in which no story appeared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Serious Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Serious Story   A Serious Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Serious Story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keyamon's place :: Lounge :: Art section-
Jump to: