Keyamon's place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keyamon's place

Your place for rpg maker and random stuff!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Video game recommendation thread

Go down 
+4
.--.Khralum.--.
Keyamon
Krinn
Enteschloss
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Enteschloss
Just starting
Enteschloss

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Character sheet
Level: 1
HP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue100/100Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (100/100)
MP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue100/100Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (100/100)

Video game recommendation thread Empty
PostSubject: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Well! I guess the concept is pretty simple, just recommend any games for any console released any time, could be free ones or ones you are playing now. Also I know I own quite a few systems, I'm addicted.

For PC- I would say get WoW even though the monthly fee can freak you out at first its worth it. If you don't want to put up that kind of money a month I would suggest D2 (it might be old but still fun), or Company of Heroes.

For DS- Phoenix Wright has been one of my favorites from the start, and my most played has probaly been Mario Kart DS.

For GBA- Warioware: Twisted, and I completely can't remember, Fire Emblem games are great though, and hmmmm I'll have to come back to this one.

For PSP- Lumines and Loco Roco, and well that's pretty much it Neutral

For X360- Crackdown, and not just for the Halo 3 beta (infact I don't really like any of the Halo games). Gears of War is pretty much mandatory, and Dead Rising is a great zombie game all around but the save system is very mediocre at best.

For PS2- I cannot stress how awesome Guitar Hero one and two are. I remember spending quite a bit of time with the .Hack games, but I'm not sure if they aged well. Also the mandatory God of War plug.

For Gamecube- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was great especially if you liked the first one, and if you somehow never played it Super Smash Brothers: Melee. If you like impossibly hard racing games then F-Zero GX won't fail you.

For Wii- WarioWare: Smooth Moves is an utterly awesome party game but the story mode will only last you an hour or two, I know this might sound blasphemous to some of you but I really didn't enjoy The Twilight Princess as much as I probaly should have, still if you love zelda get it. Trauma Center: Second Opinion is a fun and challenging game that really puts the Wii controls to good use.

I don't think I'll go back to systems more than a decade old right now (would have put Dreamcast in but never owned it, same for original Xbox), but everyone else feel free to!
Back to top Go down
Krinn
Krinn

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-02-23

Character sheet
HP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue90/100Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (90/100)
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 10:28 pm

nice thread pirat

(i'll try and do it in the same order as you have Enteschloss)

PC - I used to play the Command & Conquer:Red Alert quite a bit, I loved them. You can get hold of the first series 4 disc pack, including the aftermath disc and all that jazz, it's tres cool Smile
Continuing with strategy, Age of Mythology is ace, Warcraft 3 also rocks. These games are a few years old now so the graphics aren't amazing but gameplay > graphics anyday rabbit . I guess i'd have to recommend WoW aswell, coz it used to take up so much of my time lol, but it's addictive as hell, still ... very fun to play.

DS - Mario Kart DS is really good, especially linked up with a friends DS. Wario Ware - Touched! (i think!) the one with the mini-games is really fun. Super Mario DS, Golden Eye - Rogue Agent (nothing as good as golden eye on the 64 tho').

GBA - Golden Sun (The Lost Age) is a great RPG.

PSP - Don't have it :<

XBOX 360 - Don't have one but played alot on a mates...Call Of Duty 2 is good, linked up with online multiplayer is brilliant - playing with Americans and things is always cool. Gears of War is impressive, even though i get pwned.

PS2 - So many games!Pro Evo Soccer (4) is particularly good, FIFA does suck monkey balls in comparison, GTA: III, Vice City, San Andreas ... Gran Turismo 4, Conflict Desert Storm II, and alot of others!

Gamecube - Super Smash Bros. Melee, Monkey Ball, Metroid Prime, Zelda:Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4

Wii - Haven't played enough scratch

SeGa Megadrive - can recommend Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe, Mega Bomberman, Road Rash...

Gameboy - Zelda:Links Awakening, Pokemon Red/Gold, my memory fails me yet again lol

That's about it, loads i've missed but c'est la vie! sunny
Back to top Go down
Keyamon
Administrator
Administrator
Keyamon

Male
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Character sheet
Level: 10
HP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue980/1000Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (980/1000)
MP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 10:54 pm

PC: diablo II

PS2: GTA san andreas, resident evil 4, mortal kombat armageddon, ghost in the shell(and final fantasy for ps1)

Sega megadrive: streets of rage, golden axe, sonic 2, the revenge of shinobi

...looks like i dont have much consoles lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/legendofkeyamon/
Krinn
Krinn

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-02-23

Character sheet
HP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue90/100Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (90/100)
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 11:03 pm

Keyamon wrote:
the revenge of shinobi

ahh how could i forget?!!! that game rocked!
Back to top Go down
.--.Khralum.--.
Gone Postal
Gone Postal
.--.Khralum.--.

Male
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Character sheet
Level: 4
HP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue400/400Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (400/400)
MP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue0/400Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (0/400)

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 11:20 pm

PC - Diablo II or America's Army. America's army is completely free and D2 is a one-time fee. Both are multiplayer.

Xbox - Well if this was about 2 months ago I'd say Halo 2. But after playing America's army you see how unreal Halo 1/2 is. I'd have to suggest Star Wars Battlefront. Not Battlefront II, though.

PS2 - Spartan - Total Warrior all the way!

Gamecube - I might say Animal Crossing. It's pretty cool, kind of childish, but fun nonetheless.

DS - I've never played a good game for the DS. :/

GBA - Dragonquest VII or Pokemon - Saphire/Ruby

Wii - Haven't played it, but I'm highly looking forward to Red Steel.

PSP - Monster Hunter: Freedom is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/1337goarmy
Devro
Mr. Postman
Mr. Postman
Devro

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-03-21

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 11:47 pm

PC - Halflife, Morrowind, Diablo II, Arcanum

Wii - Nothing as of yet probably Wii sports

GC - LOZ Ocarina of Time remake cos Windwaker sucked balls

PS2 - Devil May Cry, GTA Vice City,

PS3 - MGS4 is gonna rock no matter waht

360 - Pro 6, Oblivion, PGR3
Back to top Go down
Keyamon
Administrator
Administrator
Keyamon

Male

Character sheet
HP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue980/1000Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (980/1000)
MP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 11:51 pm

looks like we have a bunch of diablo II players here
Back to top Go down
.--.Khralum.--.
Gone Postal
Gone Postal
.--.Khralum.--.

Male

Character sheet
HP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue400/400Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (400/400)
MP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue0/400Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (0/400)

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:29 am

I don't doubt it, Blizzard is awesome! ^^

I forgot to mention Oblivion. Great game.
Back to top Go down
Devro
Mr. Postman
Mr. Postman
Devro

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:49 am

I would never want to play WoW though incase i got sucked in
Back to top Go down
Keyamon
Administrator
Administrator
Keyamon

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:51 am

i dont play WoW, i have a demo cd, but i didnt unpack it lol, people say its very addictive, thats one of the reasons im not playing, mainly because it would screw up your life, if you guys get what i mean. the second reason is the monthly fee.
Back to top Go down
Enteschloss
Just starting
Enteschloss

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 1:52 am

Well as an avid World of Warcraft player I would say yes it can be addicting but it's an AWESOME addiction. Well actually it just boils down to if you play games for fun or to finish them, I play them when I feel like it so I probaly only play WoW a couple times a week. You would just have to try it to see, and a ten day demo can't hurt eh? https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Keyamon
Administrator
Administrator
Keyamon

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 1:53 am

lol dont try, i won't play it anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
Devro
Mr. Postman
Mr. Postman
Devro

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 2:05 am

I never realised there was a demo out. I might just try it just for the demo but i know its something you have to put time into so this is gonna be a short adventure for me as i wont get sucked in.

I have an addictive personality so if this ruins my chances of passinh my exams then ill hold you accountable XD
Back to top Go down
Enteschloss
Just starting
Enteschloss

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 2:23 am

Make a character on Blade's Edge.

And to contribute to this thread. Hmmm.

Do NOT get a game called something like Garfield:Lost In Time for the sega game gear, I traded in about four games for it when I was little, baddd choice.
Back to top Go down
Murcu
Just starting

Male
Number of posts : 41

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:27 pm

PC: Suikoden II on a PSX Emulator
PS2- Suikoden II
PS1- Suikoden II
PSP- Suikoden II
Xbox- Halo 1 or 2
Xbox 360- Halo 1 or 2

Smile
Back to top Go down
Devro
Mr. Postman
Mr. Postman
Devro

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 6:32 pm

I dont like having to manage bare characters so im not a big Suikoden but you clearly are lol.

As for Halo pshhh that game sucks balls big time lol and no i dont want to go into it but lets just say they have like the worst level designs imaginable coupled with the stupidist enemies
Back to top Go down
.--.Khralum.--.
Gone Postal
Gone Postal
.--.Khralum.--.

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 10:33 pm

Wide variety, Murcu!
Back to top Go down
Enteschloss
Just starting
Enteschloss

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:23 am

Just to have to say it before I forget, I just got Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords for PSP (it's for DS too), and would definitely remcommend it. Also I agree, Halo is verryyyyy overrated.
Back to top Go down
Devro
Mr. Postman
Mr. Postman
Devro

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 10:49 am

Well Halo does have its multiplayer as a redeeming feature but anyone that rates it higher than an 8/10 is mad. Some people have even said its the best game of all time, pshhh only nOObs would dare say such a thing to me XD
Back to top Go down
IcederbCowboy
Just starting

Male
Number of posts : 7

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 6:51 am

I want to try that Puzzle Quest game, looks fun. I also reccomend D2 except...it seems everyone else already plays it. God of War is a really fun game series, and a third one should be out in a year or two. Both Guitar Hero games are also really fun. I still reccomend Chronotrigger even though its an older game its excellent. With the Halo thing I agree, its very overrated. Can be fun for a couple hours playing with friends, but Id never own it. To the guy who said Golden Sun (sorry still learning names and don't feel like going back and checking) I haven't played that game in years but have it laying around somewhere and should probably play it again some time. Hmmm...thats all I can think of for now. I never could get in to WoW that much either.
Back to top Go down
Fotsieman
Mr. Postman
Mr. Postman
Fotsieman

Male
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Character sheet
Level: 3
HP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue270/300Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (270/300)
MP:
Video game recommendation thread Left_bar_bleue300/300Video game recommendation thread Empty_bar_noire  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 7:22 pm

PC - Diablo 2 (recommondation of keya), Empire Earth 2, Half-life, Day of Defeat, Imperial Glory, C&C Generals, C&C Tiberian Sun

PS2- GTA San Andreas, Mercenaries, Heroes of the Pacific

more to come, can't think of anymore at the moment
Back to top Go down
Keyamon
Administrator
Administrator
Keyamon

Male

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:10 pm

im surprised yu didnt add battlefront Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video game recommendation thread   Video game recommendation thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video game recommendation thread
Page 1 of 1